A training session takes between two and three hours, most of which is spent actually working with the dog and the owners. I teach you how to understand dog behaviour, recognise body language signals and demonstrate methods to quickly correct unacceptable behaviour. This will instil confidence in you as the owner and leave you with all the skills you need to deal with any situation, and if you have any questions after a session you have back-up support if needed.
The session will include the following steps:
- Discuss the problems you have and what you want to achieve.
- Observe the dogs and owners behaviour and recreate the problem.
- Identify the root cause of the problems.
- Demonstrate training techniques to correct the behaviour in a dog-friendly way.
- Email/post written notes of the session including the dog training techniques.
- Telephone and email back up when you need it, for as long as you need it.
- I use my own dogs during various exercises to safely demonstrate how to deal with dog-to-dog aggression.
A home visit costs from £120 (plus travel expenses) or you can bring your dog to me in Newbold Verdon, Leicestershire, LE9 9LW.